Monday 1 March 2010

Birdie cup



I don't live in the US, so I can't buy this beautiful cup because the seller only ships domestically. The little birdie is scaled down from a lifesize model by repeated moulding, firing and recasting, which works because the firing process causes it to shrink by 16%. So it's a clean design, with an unbearably cute touch and a lesson in ceramics production methods. Sigh.

Still, I'm a Buddhist, so I've trained for years in the fine art of imagining what it would be like if someone I don't know owned such a beautiful cup and feeling genuinely happy for them.

Genuinely, sympathetically joyful for a total stranger on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. That's the sort of heartwarming sentiment I live for.

Fucking yankee jammy bastards.

:) Peace xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment