Monday 1 March 2010

Grody yourself, blasted internet!

Quick post to say that I hate the word, 'grody.' I came across it a couple of weeks ago when playing vintage adventure game, 'Day of the tentacle,' and it's been bugging me ever since. Something possessed a couple of the bloggers I follow to use it - I won't link as I don't want use of the revolting word to be encouraged. What could have caused people who are much better writers than I to think that using the word, 'grody' would be a good idea I do not know.



I decided to turn that hatred into something constructive and write the word in pretty letters. I felt a great sense of cathartic release. And by cathartic release, I mean power trip. TAKE THAT, YOU WHINY, SAD LITTLE SET OF LETTERS! NOW I MADE YOU! NOW I OWN YOU, BITCH!

Ahem.

I can't quite put my finger on what it is about the word I hate. Since it almost rhymes with bogie and Moby, both of which are words I hate just as much, I thought it might be the oh-aspirated consonant-ee pattern that makes me sick to the stomach. However, I quite like the names, 'Cody,' and 'Wobie'. Wobie being, of course, the rebellious kid who never did his homework - Wobie Tide?

No comments:

Post a Comment